Snails in the garden are uncomfortable and disgusting. But before you tackle the snails with poison, two tips on how to do it without.
If you refer to the garden, beer is usually only served for barbecuing. But instead of just drinking it, beer is also a wonderful way to get rid of a troublesome snail plague in the garden. Hobby gardeners are often overwhelmed when it comes to taking on small and nasty snails. They eat their way through the vegetable patches and do considerable damage.
Fighting snails - with beer instead of poison
This can be remedied. Buy some snail traps from specialist retailers and fill them with beer. Attracted by the smell, the snails fall into the specially shaped trap and no longer come out. Then the traps are simply emptied and the procedure starts again, if necessary. In this way, entire host of snails are removed without interfering with the ecology of nature through snail venom.
- Beer traps no chemistry no poison
- practical "roof" to put on, no dilution of the beer when it rains
- The scent of the beer attracts the snails, ends up in the trap and can be disposed of easily
Collect the snails under the rhubarb leaves
Another solution can be to lay out large rhubarb leaves. They are very large and ensure that the shady floor below does not dry out so quickly. Perfect for snails! For this very reason, they like to get underneath. During the day, take up the leaves and conveniently collect the snails from underneath. But be careful: collect the snails while it is still light, because at night you will be on your way again ...
Schnexagon stops snails without killing them
- TRANSPARENT PAINT - "Schnexagon" is effective against snails. The protective coating is not fatal, but prevents movement through an insurmountable non-stick barrier.
- EFFECTS LONG - Harmful poison often does not permanently remedy your slug infestation. No matter whether on wood, stone, metal, clay or plastic. Schnexagon works against the spread of snails for about 8 weeks.
- PESTICIDE-FREE - Schnexagon is a friendly solution to repel snails and does not pose a danger to children and pets. The ecological protective coating contains harmless substances.
- UNIVERSALLY APPLICABLE - Since Schnexagon is suitable for use on many materials, raised beds, lawn edges, as well as plant pots or terrace steps can be painted.
- EASY TO USE - Apply Schnexagon like a liquid snail fence to the areas affected by the plague with a brush and benefit directly from the snail protection.